Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heath Ledger R.I.P.

With so much already said about the unexpected and tragic death of actor Heath Ledger, all I can really say is what a great actor he was.  I will be most grateful for his incredible performance in Brokeback Mountain.  This is simply one my favourite film performances.  Ledger captured the inner struggles and pain of a man repressing his homosexuality.  It was a tortured performance, and it will be even more heart-wrenching to watch it now that Ledger is gone.  I won't be able to watch it for some time.  His death is a major loss to film.

1 comment:

Avenue Road said...

I agree. He was a wonderful performer. It's a sad lose for Hollywood. You could tell what potential he had in the various films that he was in. He would have been one of the great hollywood stars of the future.