Friday, April 11, 2008

Gremlins 3... please!

I was thinking about Gremlins 2: The New Batch the other day, and was recalling how it's a great, underrated sequel. It's a little different from the first one in that it takes a lighter tone and goes completely over the top, with the Gremlins taking over a Trump Tower-like building (owned by a Donald Trump-like character, played so well by John Glover). The New Batch was not a huge hit, but it's become a cult favourite beloved by fans of the Gremlins series.

I really wish they would make another sequel, perhaps to quench my thirst for an
'80s revival, which will start next month with the next chapter in the Indiana Jones chapter. I think another Gremlins film could still work, perhaps with a mix of the dark humour from the first film, and the pointed satire of the second.

Do you think a third Gremlins film could work, or am I just having a severe case of nostalgia?

No comments: