Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yes, I bought this...

Back in the '80s, I was a huge fan of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, the R&B/pop trio who scored with hits such as "I Wonder if I Take You Home", "Head to Toe" and "Lost in Emotion". Lisa Lisa's sweet voice combined with the urban pop of Full Force was a great match. The songs still sound hot and are perfect for an old skool party.

I purchased this compilation of their hits at a local used CD shop, and I must admit I was a little embarrassed when I approached the cashier. I mean, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam -- it was always a strange name, and now 20 years later, the group has become a true guilty pleasure. Nobody buys CDs by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam anymore (hence, why I purchased this in a second-had music store), but if you don't want anybody to know that you like LL&CJ, you can always download in the privacy of your own home. So, let's take a trip back 20 years and enjoy the artistry of, um, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam.

No comments: