Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Release Me" from this Guilty Pleasure!





I don't care what anyone says... I love Wilson Phillips' "Release Me". I was a huge fan of the female trio in the early '90s. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing their hits "Hold On", "Impulsive" and "You're in Love". But my favourite WP song has to be "Release Me", their second single. It hit number one on the Billboard Pop charts during their hot streak of chart hits. Say what you will about WP, but on their first album, they had beautiful harmonies even if the songs were a little cheesy. You could sing along with their music, and their songs actually had melodies!! (Remember them??) I think this is their best song because they really let go and SANG on this song with gusto! I never get tired of this song. Almost 20 years later, it's still a great guilty pleasure!

No comments: