Tuesday, April 1, 2008

TMZ is disgusting

When I set out to do my blog, one of my goals was not to create a gossip site. How much more negativtiy and shameless reporting do we need? However, I am human, and I have visited some of these sites, but I don't want to write like them. Today I read on TMZ one of the most disgusting pieces of "celebrity news" that I have ever read. I have debated whether or not to post a link to this filth, but to make my point, here it is. What is sad and tragic news is treated with insensitivty, rudeness and a brazen (and failed) attempt at humour. Shame on you, TMZ!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/01/mom-of-former-idol-finalist-dies/#comments

**UPDATE: TMZ had a "vote" where posters could vote whether they went too far. If the overwhelming response was "yes", they would take down the offending line. They did. Perhaps this was a way for TMZ to get some publicity. Case in point, I'm writing about it :-( I will do everything in my power to make sure my blog is not like theirs.

By the way, what caused such an uproar was TMZ posted a story about American Idol Elliott Yamin's mother passing away. The closing line caused the ruckus:

"Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks -- who, like Mrs. Yamin, will never be heard from again."

Disgusting!

1 comment:

Avenue Road said...

I hate them as well.